- contain no added sugars, preservatives or colors
- are a good source of potassium
- are gluten-free
- are flash pasteurized to retain both flavor and nutrients
- are certified kosher
POM also has a recovery product, POMx Antioxidant Recovery. POM claims that the POMx Antioxidant Recovery:
- Speeds muscle recovery – POM reduced post-exercise strength loss by more than 30% compared to a placebo
- Reduces muscle soreness – POM reduced post-exercise soreness by 28% compared to a placebo.
Overall I really enjoyed the flavor of the 100% pomegranate juice. It reminded me of cranberry juice because it was more tart than sweet like apple or orange juice. I also found it very satisfying and was content with an 8 oz bottle. There are many recipes and recommendations for ways to use pomegranate juice, however I just drank mine. I think it would have been good in a smoothie too...
The only down side for me was the caloric content. A 8oz bottle of POM Wonderful 100% Pure Pomegranate Juice has 160 calories. It is common for fruit juice to be higher in calories which is why I usually stick with whole, fresh fruit instead of juices. They tend to be lower in calories and more filling. However, given that pomegranates are so difficult to eat (and therefor I never do) I think incorporating a little POM Wonderful into my life is worth it!